Saturday, July 5, 2014

My summer vacation.

Visiting my cousins.
I am an only child; I do not have any siblings. However to compensate for these I have many cousins, about thirty of them (counting only the close ones). Most of them live in Thimphu which is good in a way because then I get to meet with all of them at once.
On the 29th of this month I went to visit them. The main person I wanted to see was my sick uncle (mother’s sister’s husband, my mother’s only big sister Dechen). He has been sick for over a year now with kidney failure (both). He has been surviving on dialysis every five days. He got a kidney last time and went to Calcutta but it was not compatible with him. On the 30th he was going to Bangalore for more than three months so we wanted to meet him before he left. His brother finally agreed to donate one of his kidneys. 
On the 30th his had to report to the airport at 5:00 am, three families including his went to see him off. The photos are of when his plane left.





After he left we thought that his family might become sad so we went to Sangaygang which did not turn out so well. We reached there, spread out mats and were eating and drinking when the rain poured on us. We had no choice but to leave. We then went to my aunt Dechen’s house (my mother’s sister) and stayed there talking till night fall.
Here is a view of Thimphu from Sangaygang.









I love animals. House cats are easy to deal with than other animals as they are not so dangerous. My aunt showed me her kittens, it’s not her cat exactly but most of the times the cat stays in her house and has given birth there. There are four kittens, three of them have their fur like their mother but one of them is white with only a little patch of black on head and tail. They are all very active or rather naughty. While we cousins were looking at the kittens most wanted to take the white one when it was older. However it was already claimed by my aunt Sangay (same age as my mother but smaller than few months, she is the third eldest from their siblings). 
Here are a few pictures of the kittens and their mother.














No comments:

Post a Comment